Monday, January 24, 2011

Football...

Football is exciting. I have never considered myself a "fan". I do watch a game most weekends and began to watch some college games after my sons went to college. I wouldn't use the term, "follow" but if I am free and a game is on I'll watch.

I was born and grew up in Texas and was only a Dallas "fan" by default. Eventually, I spent a good portion of my adult life in Pittsburgh and again by default became a "fan".  Now a few years removed from Pittsburgh I have developed in to a "fan". No, I don't own anything intentionally black and gold, or even have a bumper sticker. I do watch every game through the season now, and with enthusiasm. Occasionally I even read a story online the next day after a game. 

Last night Pittsburgh beat the Jets to play Green Bay in the Superbowl. Great stuff!  Things like this make it easier to be a real "fan".  The confirmation is that I am planning for Superbowl Sunday. Chips, dip, and even some beer!

I think I can drop the quotation marks, I may actually be a fan now. 

1 comment:

krissy knox said...

Hi, Billy. Thanks for coming to my blog recently! I like football also, perhaps if it is one of my favorite teams playing. My favorite team in the NFL is Green Bay! I live in PA also, LOL. But my favorite team has been the Green Bay Packers for years. So I'll be routing for them! I hope you have a good game day -- a one filled with fun. But not too much fun, bc I hope Green Bay wins, LOL. Okay, gotta run, thanks once again for coming to my blog! BTW, you have a nice name (Fisher), that is my maiden name!

krissy f knox :)
Sometimes I Think
let's connect on Twitter: http://twitter.com/iamkrissy
how about friends on FB? www.facebook.com/krissyknox